Red-Eye Preamp DI
or make 4 interest-free payments of $69.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
It simply sounds great plugged in, without a whole lot of fuss. For the longest time, it seemed like only Radial Engineering was the only gear lineup with a demonstrable commitment to flat response and high headroom.
But with Fire-Eye on the scene, we have yet another solid contender, one you should seriously consider if you're looking for a preamp for your acoustic pickup or any other passive pickup.
The Red-Eye is Fire-Eye's basic, single-channel model.
Unlike those other models, the Red-Eye has virtually no knobs to fiddle with, no real EQ to speak of. But here's the beauty of this design: Fire-Eye's gear is built to make your instrument sound great without all the knobs and adjustments.
With flat response and high headroom, the Red-Eye gets you one step closer to "my instrument, only louder".
Throw in a boost switch for the occasional solo, and you have one truly high-performance preamp.
- Input: high-impedance, 1 million ohms, maximum 1 volt peak-to-peak level.
- Low-impedance, balanced, XLR output, 600 ohms, will drive long cables to a mix-board.
- Boost button with volume control for amplifying solos.
- Treble control to boost or reduce treble.
- Long 9-volt battery life (~200 hours).
- Automatically uses XLR Phantom Power, when available, instead of the battery.
- Plugging an instrument in or connecting XLR phantom power turns the Red-Eye on.
- Automatic power check: LED Light flashes for 1 second if power is good when preamp is powered up.
- When powered up on the battery (without XLR Phantom Power) the battery gets tested
and the flash indicates the battery is in the first ¾ of its life.
- ¼ inch output and input for accessory loop, suitable for stomp-tuners or effects boxes
or for output to on-stage guitar amps or PAs.
- Internal filtering to reject radio-frequency interference from neon lights and cell phones.
- Small Size: 3.2 x 5.7 x 10.8 cm. Weight: 300g.